June 8, 2020
Kids First Pediatric Dentistry Revised Office Policies
(Effective June 8th, 2020)
As things return to a semblance of normal, we want to remain vigilant to protect you, your families, and our staff. As such the following procedures will be in place. As new information and best practice recommendations change, along with changing federal, state and local regulations, these are subject to change.
1) If you or your child is sick or is showing any symptoms of COVID-19 please reschedule your appointment and contact your primary care doctor.
2) All families will answer a questionnaire/screening form prior to their appointment.
3) If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment, please remain in your and call us to notify us you have arrived. We will let you know when you can come into the office.
4) If your child is 12 years of age or older they may come into the office by themselves for the appointment. Please stay in the parking lot to pick up your child when they are done as they will not be allowed to stay in the office after their appointment.
5) If your child is 11 years of age or younger you have to come into the office for the appointment and accompany your child to the treatment area.
6) Only one caregiver will be allowed to accompany a child for their appointment.
7) Siblings, who do not have an appointment, can not come to the office.
8) All adults who enter the office are required to wear masks. If you do not have one we will provide one but, due to the lack of PPE available to us, we ask that you bring your own, if at all possible.
9) All patients and caregivers should use the provided hand sanitizer upon arrival.
10) If anyone in your family is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment please let us know immediately.
In addition, we are doing the following to keep you safe:
1) All staff will be screened daily and any one showing any symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home.
2) HEPA Air filters will be utilized in the office and will be running throughout the day. These air filters have enough capacity to clean the air (including particles smaller than coronavirus) in the office every 15 minutes.
3) All high touch surfaces (door knobs, handles, etc) will be cleaned at regular intervals.
4) The patient bathroom will be available for emergencies only.
5) The prize tower will be on temporary hiatus as are all of the books and toys in the waiting room.
For over 10 years, we have been striving to make your children comfortable at the dentist while providing the highest quality in dental care. We are committed to helping your children and you have a positive dental experience in order to achieve healthy smiles today and for a lifetime.